What is the difference between a dentist and a cosmetic dentist?
We all know that a dentist is a person whose job is treating people’s teeth, so what then is a cosmetic dentist?
Cosmetic dentists are dentists who engage or specialise in cosmetic dentistry.
So the next obvious question would be what is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry pertains to all dental procedures being done to correct and enhance the appearance of your teeth.
Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures are:
• Bleaching – for teeth whitening
• Bonding – for the repair of broken or cracked teeth
• Crowns and Veneers – to mask a broken tooth
• Invisalign – for teeth straightening
• Dental Implants – a surgical procedure to replace missing teeth
All of these treatments and a lot more were designed for one thing; it’s not just to ensure that you’ve got perfect healthy teeth. It was meant to give back your smile and to guarantee that it would last longer this time.
Of course, we are well aware that treatments such as these come with a cost, so let’s check out the cosmetic dentistry prices:
• Teeth whitening – $250-$500
• Porcelain veneers – $900-$1500 per tooth
• Dental bonding – $100-$400 per tooth
• Invisalign – $5000 average treatment cost
• Porcelain crowns – $1500
If you think of it, is it really worth spending all these much money just to get your smile back? You may think that it’s too high a price for something as simple as a smile, but if you really think about it, cosmetic dentistry does you a whole lot of good.
It doesn’t just make you feel beautiful outside, it gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling of satisfaction and contentment inside as well, and that’s what really matters.
So why wait? Book an appointment with the best cosmetic dentist in Sydney today.