Having a great smile is what we always wanted. Having a veneer is another way for us to maintain our beautiful smile.
But what are the pros and cons of veneers? Are veneers worth it despite the price?
As we know, porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are moulded to fit our teeth then attached to the front of the tooth with the goal of improving its appearance.
They can also be made of resin or other composite materials which is then called composite veneers.
You can also choose what shade of colour you would like to have. There are different types of dental veneers in Sydney and it is important that you know the veneers teeth pros and cons before having it.
- It increases our self-confidence as you will have a pearly white smile.
- It will not stain even if you love eating coloured food.
- It can last for 10-20 years if properly cared for.
- It will give you instant results.
- The treatment is expensive.
- It is irreversible.
- Increases sensitivity since the enamel was removed.
- Prone to damage especially if you have bruxism.
It is always advisable that you ask your dentist about the pros and cons of veneers to avoid problems later on. You also need to make sure that you inform your dentist if you have bruxism so that they can provide you with a mouth guard.
You also need to make sure that you prepared for it financially or you can ask your dental practice for payment plans to help you with your treatment.